Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Is it just by doing?

I'd like to write here more. I often have things scurrying about in my head that need some sort of outlet; a better outlet then perhaps venting to husband or co-workers. An avenue to work things around and check my perspective.

Is it like everything else we say we'd like to do? I'd like to be thinner; smarter; bolder; fitter. The only way to get there is to commit to the path and see it through - stop wishing and start working?

I edit and write for most of my day. My profession is policy and structure and the professional presentation of ideas and guideance for an audience that ranges from Ph.D to D-. But the fact is, I truly love the written word. I am in awe of those who capture ideas and stories; those people who can create a vision or present their knowledge and arguments to me so that I say "ah".

I read several blogs out here in the interwebs and I comment at times, but perhaps I just need to focus on what I'd like to say instead of only responding to others....

It's got to be better than correcting a VP on his use of "affect"...

2 comments:

Snooze said...

Yes, write away. It will give you a break from the professionalism of writing and presenting.

Hammy said...

You're right of course - I would never be able to work the phrase "or I will punch you in the throat" into a policy document....although I may be able to give it a shot and blame pregnancy if anyone notices. heh.