Sunday, July 02, 2006

REPRIEVE!!!

We were supposed to head to the in-laws today for a BBQ. My sister-in-law, who is 24, has landed her first real job. Yep, she's building a website and gathering a database of contacts for eco-friendly services in her area. So, we're celebrating....

Woo freakin' hoo. For additional fun, we'll probably open some envelopes and gasp in awe. Don't get me wrong, she's a good person, but a bit of a flake. And I just don't get how my in-laws seem to applaude every move both my sisters-in-law make (and chalk up even the most horrendous mistakes to "at least they had fun", or "it's a learning experience" while ignoring the bone-headedness that got them into the jam in the first place), but are quite dismissive of my husband's achievements.

Oh yes, the reprieve part. Today, it rained. Not surprising considering the weather here lately, but nonetheless. so my mother-in-law decided she didn't want to have a dinner if we couldn't sit outside. Hence, we stayed home.

And after I spent all that time teaching the baby to fake-cough....

(I shouldn't get too excited; we're going tomorrow.)

2 comments:

darth said...

lol, hammy, just remember when Hamlet gets older and uses that fake-cough to get out of going to school..that you taught him :D

Hammy said...

Funny, Mr. Hammy said the same thing this afternoon....hmmm....

I'm convinced that it will backfire on me anyway. As in the Mother-in-Law saying "Oh my Hammy, the baby sounds sick. Have you taken him to the doctore lately? Yadda yadda yadda. Blah Blah sick baby blah."

Shoot me now.